LAMDA Open Day
Tickets from £
Running time approx
To book our boxes please call the box office: 01753 853 888
After the success of our previous LAMDA classes, we’re thrilled that they’re back this September!
LAMDA (London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art) are one of the UK’s oldest and most respected awarding bodies, and their examinations help to build self-confidence and performance skills by working towards qualifications.
A LAMDA examination is the speech and drama equivalent of a music grade, which begin at basic levels and culminates at Grade 8 (Gold Medal). Find out more about LAMDA here: LAMDA website
Come along for a free 1 hour taster session on our 7 August 2021 open day to find out more information about our LAMDA classes.
The day will be split into 4 separate time slots:
- 10am-11am: Ages 5 -11
- 11am-12pm: Ages 5 -11
- 1:30pm-2:30pm: Ages 11-16
- 2:30-3:30pm: Ages 11-18
Open day sessions will include an introduction to LAMDA and how their exams work alongside games and acting exercises for the children. Parents must stay for the session that their children are booked in to. As each session is only an hour long, no refreshments will be provided so we advise bringing a bottle of water along with you. Please arrive 10 minutes before the session start time.
Exams we offer:
- Solo Introductory (5-8 years old – No acting experience) – LAMDA Introductory Exams
- This exam offers young children a chance to experience a LAMDA exam and gain basic, yet vital skills used within Theatre.
- 3 different exams available dependent on ability and age of child.
- Acting (8-18 years old) – LAMDA Acting Exams
- Exam ranges from entry to acting to Grade 8 (Gold Medal)
- Each exam enhances theatre skills and pushes performers.
- Grades vary depending on experience/age/ability.
LAMDA classes will be held on Monday and Wednesday evenings during term-time from 6 September 2021. For further information about our LAMDA classes email Outreach.